Track stolen iphones with these small security programs.We will discuss here two programs which helps you retrieve your lost/stolen iphone easily. Updated 01/September/2012
Finding Location of Stolen Iphone With iLocalis
With iLocalis you can set how often you want your iPhone 3g to send its current location to the iLocalis server and your iPhone will be tracked.For that you must create an account with iLocalis.If you have lost your iphone,just log into iLocalis website and you will be able to know when and where it was last located.
To retrieve your stolen iphone,there are some extra features in this application which helps you to find your lost iphone.Extra features built into iLocalis will allow you to send text messages or make calls on your iPhone when you don’t even have it with you. If you iPhone is stolen log in and send yourself a text message. If the thief changed the sim card you’ll get their phone number.
Installing ILocalis:To install iLocalis on your iPhone you will need to Jailbreak it first. If you don’t know how to jail break your iphone,please check this tutorial.
Once your iPhone has been Jailbroken you need to go to Cydia, install iLocalis and register your iPhone.
Other free alternative for finding your lost iphone.
iHound :This free security program alerts you when your iphone is connected to another individual’s computer. It will also track down the location of where your device is being used.
1. Sign up for a free account at ihound.
2. Log into ihound and add a device to track.
3. Download the ihound software that is specifically used to recognize your iphone
4. Run the downloaded ihound software to install a tracking program on to your iphone.
When your missing iphone is being plugged in to a computer, you will:
1. Get an email saying that your tracked device is being located.
2. Get a detailed report on where it is being used by logging in to ihound’s website.
The second method can be very useful when the stolen iphone is switched off and later gets connected to a computer for changing software or formating the memory card.
I just went through this article and felt like it’s too outdated. So i’m updating this with the latest softwares available which can be used to track stolen iphone. You can use these applications to track all your iphones from iPhone 3g to latest iPhone 5.
Find My iPhone
FindmyiPhone app allows you to locate your iphone from another Apple device through iCloud. This app also allows you to protect your data, sound an alarm even if your phone is silent, display a message or remotely lock your device. Follow the steps mentioned below to locate your iphone using findmyiphone app.
- First of all, you’ll have to upgrade to a higher version of iOS (>iOS5)
- Register for iCloud account.
- Install Find My iPhone app
- Turn on the app by going to Settings > iCloud >Find My Iphone . Hit allow.
In case if your iphone gets stolen or missing, then go to https://www.icloud.com/#find . Sign in to your cloud account and click on find my iphone. Your phone will be shown if it’s connected to internet otherwise you can set an option to email you whenever the device becomes online.
Navizon app lets you know the position of your missing iphone with a continuous and accurate real time location reporting.
Useful features of Navizon
- Buddy finder to locate your friends anytime
- Background location to track your iphone even when the navizon app is not running.
- Alerts to track whether your buddies has entered a location of interest.
If you guys know any awesome tracking applications for iphone, please let me know in the comments.
- iPhone Telescope with 6x Zoom Increases Camera Photo Quality
- Difference Between iPhone 3GS vs Ordinary iPhone 3G
- Looking to buy a cheap iphone :Beware!!
- How I Hacked My SE P1i to Run Walkman 3.0 (W960)
- Update to solve Windows Vista USB errors
- Download Correct Drivers for Unknown Devices
- How To Remove Nokia/Sony Ericsson Browser Icon From My Computer