In order to avoid those unwanted telemarketing calls and constantly annoying promotional offers from your telecom provider, you can register in the National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC Registry) provided by TRAI.
The main intention of DND [Do not Disturb] facility [now called NDNC] is to curb unsolicited commercial communication(UCC) through telecommunications service. This UCC does not include service or transaction messages from your provider, sms related to charities, national campaigns or calamities transmitted by govt or any other public service related messages.
How to Activate DND and register your request in NDNC registry.
Dial 1909 from your mobile or SMS the keywords without qoutes ‘START DND’ to 1909 for registration and ‘STOP DND’ for de-registration.
NDNC [India] Registry has a database with a list of all numbers who doesn’t want to receive UCC. Telemarketers will have to verify their telephone numbers list with the NDNC registry before attempting a call. You can also activate DND online through your telecom provider itself. All telecom providers are directed to upload the mobile number within 45 days of receipt.
Check whether you are already in NDNC registry by clicking here. If not, either use the above method or do an online dnd activation through the links given below.
Vodafone DND – http://www.vodafone.in/existingusers/pages/dnd.aspx
TataDocomo – http://www.tatadocomo.com/do-not-disturb.aspx
Other Telecom providers : DND activation online
- How To Send Free Voice SMS From Airtel
- Make Free ISD and STD Calls with Airtel
- Reliance Free Calls Offer To Any Mobile In India
- Latest Airtel Free GPRS Unlimited Using Browser Hack April 2008
- Airtel Digital TV With Widgets Review
- How I Make Free Calls from PC to Mobile Anywhere in the world
- Free Phone to Phone Calls in India [Local and STD] [Not Voip]
- Connect Mobile To Computer And Make/Receive Calls Using microphone