We have already covered different applications which saves battery life for laptops. These battery savers respond to power change notifications by performing any set of pre configured actions. One such application written in C# is BatterySaver.
BatterySaver is quite useful at times when you need to disable lot of services which you currently don’t need at the time of travel. Suppose if you’re travelling and don’t need to use any internet services, so using this application you can save a lot of laptop battery life by stopping or disabling unnecessary processes, services and devices.
Related: Calibrate Laptop Battery
Using Airplane mode in Batterysaver you can disable your wireless adapter, turn off all of the firewall, windows update, anti-virus software services and kill any extraneous "internet" applications, like online storage services.
Some features to save charge of your laptop battery using this application are by
- Start and stop processes;
- Start and stop services; and
- Enable and disable devices
One disadvantage is that you have you edit an xml file to configure the application, as there is no GUI available as of now.
- How To Fully Discharge and Calibrate Laptop Battery for Maximizing Life
- Protect your Laptop With Free Alarm Software To Prevent From Getting Stolen
- Activate Multitouch Feature for all Synaptics Touchpad [Laptop]
- Connect Laptop To TV with SVideo Cable
- How to Create a Bootable XP Setup Disk in Preinstalled Laptop
- Best Free Windows 7 Optimizer Download