Osama Bin Laden’s fake death video has been spreading across Facebook since yesterday, just hours after the death of the terrorist leader. The spam video link spreads as message updates in Facebook users’ wall and the unknown user gets tricked into playing the video which in turn spreads the fake spam links.
The Osama virus spreading spam links across Facebook claims to play the banned video of Osama Bin Laden’s death. Some of the examples of Osama virus videos which are circulating in my profile are shown below. [some of the images are NSFW, so pixelated them]
“Osama is dead, watch this exclusive CNN video which was censored by Obama Administration due to level of violence, a must watch. Leaked by Wikileaks.”
“Navy Seals raid Bin Ladens hideout and execute him!”
When you click on the video link, it will take you to a Facebook fan page, which demands you to click “Like” button for viewing the video. After that, it might give you a external link or ask you to copy paste some scripts in your browser. Once you do this, the spam post not only appears in your own profile but circulates to your friend’s wall as well.
But some spammers take this to another level by offering users to complete a survey before viewing the osama death video. These scammers earn money every time a survey is completed and that’s the reason they want you to share this fake links with others.
How to prevent Osama Virus from Posting in your Profile
- Unlike the page which tricked you into showing fake video and report them immediately to Facebook.
- Don’t allow any applications which claims to show this rare fake video of Osama, if you’ve already allowed, then remove the application immediately from here.
- Don’t copy and paste any scripts in your Facebook profile.
- Don’t blindly trust or click any spammy links which claims to get the rare video as the video doesn’t exist as of now.
- If you’re using Chrome, make sure you don’t paste any scripts in your browser bar, as the browser tries to preload anything you type in the ‘awesome’ bar.
- Keep your Antivirus up to date, or if you don’t have one, download any of the antivirus posted here [ Kaspersky 2011 , Norton 2011, or Mcafee Antivirus]
As scammers are experimenting with every opportunity which comes their way as Osama’s death or Royal wedding, it’s us who have to be vigilant and watch out for these tricksters and not to fall for their scams. Share this post on FB and prevent any of your friends have a fall for these scammers.