IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking Trick – Situation 2

by renjith on July 10, 2011 · 21 comments

in Firefox hacks, IRCTC, tricks

irctc logo In my previous post about IRCTC tatkal booking, I showed a trick to book confirmed tatkal ticket. That trick is limited to book tickets on trains running daily. If you want to book a tatkal ticket on a train running only one or two days a week then you will have to do it differently.

First, if you haven’t read my previous post, read it now otherwise you will not understand this post. So our basic strategy is like this. In first part we start the booking process for the tatkal ticket whose fair is exactly same as of the ticket we want.

Now since we are booking ticket on the train running once or twice a week, we can’t start tatkal booking process for the same train on previous day. In short, we can’t start part 1 process from our previous post. Sound Complex? It’s not. Let me take an example.

Let’s assume that I want to book ticket between AHMEDABAD JN (ADI) and NAGPUR (NGP) for 14th July, 2011. It’s Thursday. I want ticket on PRERANA EXPRESS (11453) which runs only on Thursday. I’ll have to start booking process on 12th July before 8:00AM.

Since the train doesn’t run on 12th July or 13th July, I can’t start part 1 process from our previous post. Without performing part 1 process, I can’t get “Make Payment” button. So what to do now? Simple. Search for two stations and train for which fare is same as of ticket on PRERANA EXPRESS between ADI to NGP. Also make sure that the new train runs on 12th July or 13th July because those are two days on which you can start tatkal booking process.

Find New Stations & Train

Now the question comes, how to find that type of train and stations? Use Google. There is a web site indiarailinfo.com which keeps track of all trains and fare between all stations. So we will have to put just one query and we will come up with our train and stations.

Let’s continue our example. Fare between ADI to NGP on PRERANA EXPRESS for General quota for 3A is Rs. 891. So to find new stations and train, you will have to just put following query in Google.

site:indiarailinfo.com Rs. 891 3A

Quick search relieves that train DELHI SR EXPRESS /19263 has same fare (Rs. 891) between Jamnagar(JAM) and Jaipur Junction(JP) and runs on Tuesday(12th July). Sometimes you might have to search deeper to find exact stations and train. Just keep looking. You will surely find new stations and train.

So in part 1, we will start the process for booking tatkal ticket on 12th July between JAM and JP on DELHI SR EXPRESS for 3A class. Once we reach to the payment gateway page, we click on “Plan My Travel” link and start the part 2 process.

Part 2 process is same as I have shown in previous post.

So now you know how to book confirmed tatkal ticket. There is still one more technique which increases the chances of getting confirmed tatkal ticket. Let’s review this technique too.

Multiple Firefox Profiles

Do you know that you can start multiple firefox profiles at the same time? You can initiate IRCTC booking process at the same time in all profiles. Sometimes it happens that IRCTC server becomes too slow and it takes too long to get response. You either get “Service Unavailable” error or no response at all.

If you have started booking process in three different profiles then you will increase the change of getting response. In one profile, you might get service unavailable error but you won’t get the same error in all profiles at the same time. So how to run multiple firefox profiles at the same time?

Open firefox’s properties from the firefox shortcut on desktop. Add -P -no-remote to the target location as shown in following image.

irctc-firefox-hack

Click on OK and open the firefox. That will open firefox profile manager.

irctc-firefox-profile

You will have only “default” profile. Here you can create as many profiles as you like. I have 4 different profiles created just for IRCTC booking. You can run all profiles at the same time. If you are planning to use multiple profiles then you will have to install extensions separately on each profile.

Payment Gateway Selection

Payment gateway selection is also important in speeding up the booking process. Netbanking payment gateways are faster than giving credit card/debit card details.

In my experience, I have seen that HDFC netbanking gateways is the fastest one. You can even increase the payment gateway login speed by saving the username and password. You just have to click on login button and done.

Small-small things can increase your booking speed. I have given all tricks I was using to book confirmed tatkal ticket. Use these techniques and get ticket. Have safe & happy journey.

UPDATE: Please like our Facebook page to get updates on this discussion.

About Author: Dhruv Patel is an affiliate marketer. He promotes many products online. He has made a website to promote hostgator web hosting. You will get Hostgator Coupon, Review & How to on his web site.

Be Sociable, Share!

Related posts:

1. Latest IRCTC Tatkal Trick to Book Confirmed Ticket
  2. IRCTC Tatkal Booking Tips, Hacks and Scripts
  3. Run Multiple Firefox Profiles Simultaneously

{ 21 comments… read them below or add one }

Ravi July 10, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Gr8 Post..I have tried your earlier trick and it was just awesome….good work and yeah it is much better than the quick book trick …

THumbs up Bro !!!

Nil July 10, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I have not understand this post properly. Plz say , how can i book a no room train tatkal

Dhruv July 11, 2011 at 5:17 am

@Nil,
I am not sure what exactly you are asking. You can't book tatkal ticket where tatkal quota is not available. This technique is useful just to speed up the tatkal ticket booking.

dwn July 11, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Anonymous July 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm

sir i have tried your tricks 2-3 time in morning when i click after 8.00 AM from my clock its giving error "Sorry you can book ticket after 8:00 hrs" & my computer clock is automatically synchronize with Internet time server. help me out from this situation

Anonymous July 11, 2011 at 4:49 pm

spelling mistake: fair should be fare.

renjith July 12, 2011 at 9:09 am

@Anonymous

Thanks. Corrected.

umesh July 13, 2011 at 2:48 am

sir i have tried your tricks in morning when i click after 8.00 AM their is an error "Sorry you can book ticket after 8:00 hrs", sir pl help me out from this situation

Anil July 14, 2011 at 8:27 am

now irctc block all the trick to enter paymet gateway before 8.00am

Anirudh July 14, 2011 at 5:41 pm

thanks bro!!!!!!!!!! great trick!!

Netware Computer Education July 16, 2011 at 2:55 am

These Tricks are now not Working, IRCTC have perhaps blocked something to this, because After Payment process the error "you can not book before 8.00 on the opening day" occures since 3 or 4 days. Please if any suggestion that can help us ? Thanks a lot in advance.Plz send us a different tricks which shows we have logged on 8.00 hrs but we are not.
Thanks Sir

Dhruv July 17, 2011 at 2:49 am

Hi All,
Sorry for late response. I was very busy with few other things. It's confirmed now that IRCTC has implemented very strict security condition which doesn't allow this trick to work. So all people are getting error after payment gateway. I am still working on it. I will response back here as soon as I'll have solution.

Anonymous July 30, 2011 at 2:06 am

friends
"Sorry you can book ticket after 8:00 hrs" – this problem is not happening in 90 days opening booking, this is only for tatkal, you can all check it and try to find the solve.
sankar

Anonymous August 9, 2011 at 10:19 am

IRCTC will cancel all the tickets now booked before 8:03 AM , since according to them it takes 4.31 minutes to book a ticket from loging in through "Plan my travel".

Anonymous August 16, 2011 at 10:21 am

I have try both part Ist & 2nd which is mentioned in previous post but i not got Make payment button in when I try in part 2,
U also said that this cache problem, I also check the same it is ebabled, please tell how to check further & solve this problem.

Anonymous August 29, 2011 at 2:56 am

irctc fir se nind me chala giya , tatkal booking nahi hota, please kuch to karo

Anonymous October 23, 2011 at 7:37 am

One anonymous posting says ticket booked in less than 4.31 minutes will be canceled by IRCTC does not seem to be correct. Since, if they (IRCTC) had a problem with anybody completing the booking process before 4.31 minutes they'll stop it before it's confirmed and not cancel the ticket after they have published that the ticket is booked. I'm not aware of any such timeframe. If it is mentioned officially, please quote.
I've got the ticket booked today for the Diwali day (so u can guess the rush!) without any technique, but sheer luck!

Dhruv October 24, 2011 at 11:32 am

"Ticket booked in less than 4.31 minutes will be canceled…."
This is not correct as there is no official announcement. IRCTC can't cancel the ticket. As you said, IRCTC will prevent people from booking instead of cancelling the ticket.

If you get a confirmed ticket, it's yours. Don't worry! IRCTC won't cancel it even if you get it within 2 minutes.

kumar November 9, 2011 at 2:26 pm

i am start booking 0745 am all formality doing. before 08000 hrs up to go option. after 0800 hrs i go and make payment option select but get message you can book after 0800 hrs. again doing booking 0802 by tatkal otion show 219 in SL class in managal exp nzm to mao on 10 nov. making payment bu credit card get reselt wl 55. payment option take five mints. how it minimizes and get tatkal confirm ticket.

Anonymous November 11, 2011 at 9:41 am

Hey Dhruv,

I would like to ask something. Say I want to book ticket for 14th..and as per you first step (for trains running daily) I will check for 13th and continue till payment page. But in festival season generally all trains show REGRET/WL & do not have "Book" option for previous day…so we cannot continue till payment page.

Can you help.

simson May 24, 2012 at 3:17 am

irctc is very bad SSL connection error
Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.