If you’re working on different proxy settings for your work and home, you need to always switch between them by going to IE> Tools> Internet options > Connections > LAN Settings > Proxy. But instead of digging through this setting always, it’s possible to create a shortcut key to LAN settings on your desktop by following the below procedure. It will work on both Windows 7 as well as Windows 8.
How to create shortcut key to LAN settings
1. Right click on your desktop, select New> Shortcut.
2. In the Create shortcut window, select Location of item.
3. Type “control inetcpl.cpl,,4” (without quotes) and click Next.
4. Give name as LAN settings.
5. Now you can see a shortcut on your desktop with name Lan settings. Right click on this icon and select properties. Keep the cursor on shortcut key field, press Control+ALT+L (you can use whatever shortcut keys comfortable for you). Click Ok.
Now whenever you press Ctrl+Alt+L, LAN settings window will be coming up. (Hit Alt+L and then Alt+X to enable proxy)