With the evolution of HDMI, it’s possible to connect your laptop to HD TV or any other external display without much hassle. But problem is that it requires the connection to be wired and lengthy HDMI cables are quite costly.In this post, I will show you how to wirelessly mirror Laptop screen to any Smart TV.
Intel’s wireless display technology known as WiDi helps us stream audio and video to external devices. Intel WiDi 3.5 which is Miracast compatible offers direct competition to Apple’s Airplay.
How to Connect Windows 8 laptop to Smart TV using WiDi /Miracast
In this setup, I’m using LG Smart TV with WiFi card attached, Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 8 & D-Link router. Both Laptop and TV is connected to same router.
1. Press Windows key and search for Intel WiDi application.
If you don’t have the WiDi software installed, but has hardware support for WiDi, then Download the Intel WiDi software from below link.
2. Open the WiDi application and scan for detected wireless display.
3. In your TV, press the Smart button on remote and select Input List.
4. Select Intel WiDi from the list in your Smart TV.
5. You will get an acceptance request in your Laptop for allowing connection between TV & Laptop as shown below. “Allow Intel WiDi to share the contents of your computer on a DLNA Digital Media Player?”
6. Click yes. Now your laptop screen will be mirrored to your smart TV through WiFi.
If you face any problem connecting your Windows laptop to TV over Wifi, OR if you have any other methods to wirelessly connect windows to TV, do let us know through comments.