Problem: Magnet links not opening in chrome. Earlier if I click on magnet link of torrents, Chrome will open the magnet link(torrent file) in uTorrent. Now it’s not opening!
We have found an easy way to fix this problem for associating magnet links in chrome with uTorrent (or any other torrent application). No need to reinstall chrome /uTorrent or do we need to reset settings of chrome. Just follow below easy way to make utorrent open magnets link directly from Chrome browser.
- Press Windows key + R
- It will open Run window. Copy paste below address to run window and press enter.%LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data
- An explorer window will be opened. (In our case on windows 7, it opens C:\Users\Renjith\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data)
- In this window, find a file names LocalState. Open it with Notepad.
- In Notepad, Press CNTRL +F & Search for term Magnet.
- Delete the following line from the file as highlighted in the below image.”magnet”:true,
- Save the LocalState file
- Open Chrome browser. Go to any torrent site & click Magnet button.
- A Pop up will show as per below image, Open Magnet URL?<
- Select Remember my choice for magnet URL links & click Open Magnet URL button.
- Now Magnet links are associated with uTorrent in Chrome & every time it will open utorrent if you click on Magent links.
If you’re facing any problem associating Magnet links in Chrome with Torrent application, let us know in comments below. We will help you.