Digia have released latest commercial version of their mobile browser for UIQ phones @WEB 2.0 today.This UIQ3 browser @Web, claims to provide the best mobile browsing experience, for Symbian UIQ based devices. @Web is based on the open-source webkit browsing engine ported to UIQ by Digia.
The first version Digia @Web 1.0.0 Beta was released on June 19th.With the end of the beta program today ,you should buy their software to enjoy full features.After installation @web will run in trial mode with certain limitations (number of bookmarks, periodic notification to purchase).The greatest competitor for @Web will be Opera Mini,which is the most popular mobile phone browser in the world.
Digia have also released an External Launch API which allows developers to create their own applications and launch @Web browser with specified web-address within their own application.
@Web 2.0 BROWSER UI FEATURES
- Full finger touch User Interface
- Page control with finger(this makes it different from Opera Mini)
- Accelerated panning
- Automatic full screen browsing via auto-hiding Address bar and Navigation bar
- Page rotation for portrait and landscape browsing
- Four zoom levels(This makes @web a better option for viewing online photo albums)
- Intelligent Bookmark functionality (auto-sorting)
- Bookmark folders
- Bookmark favicons
- URL auto-complete (from history)
- "Page loading in progress" indicator (this option was not available in their 1st version)
New Features Included in this release are
- Bookmark folders
- Improvements in Audio Plugin
- Current page can be added as startpage
- Access to user agent string
- External launch API
- Start page as a static bookmark.
Supported Devices(All UIQ3 phones)
Sony Ericsson G900,Sony Ericsson G700, Sony Ericsson W960i, Sony Ericsson P1 ,Sony Ericsson P990, Sony Ericsson W950, Sony Ercisson M600
DigiaAtWeb_2.0.sis (1 Mb)[Direct Download Link]
Comments on this entry are closed.
Free version of @web UIQ available for download
how to use teashark or ucweb for symbian 40 nokia handsets?????pls any1 find a soln from this…mail me at email@example.com
hi dudue, i have installed uc web, but it is not working out, i dont have balance below one ruppe, because of this it is happening or wat?or i should have min of 1 rupee in my balance?
I tried your browser. Cute looking. The troubles I had was how to set the proxy settings?
The other missed attribute is tab browsing.
My phone is a SonyEricsson P990i. The application installed okay, but after using it for a bit, I finally uninstalled it. I was not sufficiently impressed.