To change your old Windows XP login screen to look like the latest Windows 7, just follow these steps.
- Download Windows 7 logon files from here and extract them.
- Navigate to WINDOWSResources and create folder with name Logon.
- Navigate to WideScreen or Normal Screen and copy the file logonUI.exe to Logon Folder.
- Copy the .REG files do WINDOWSResourcesLogon files and double click in setup.reg, click in Yes and Ok and Log off, Restart not required.
- To restore Windows XP Default’s logon apply restore.reg.
Also if you are looking for more Windows 7 login screen backgrounds or wallpapers then check this special HQ Windows 7 collection from skydrive.You can use this Windows 7 wallpapers for your Windows XP too.