Two months after the release of Opera Mini 5, it’s now time for the Nokia/Sony ericsson S60 owners to update their browser to Opera Mobile 10. This version currently in beta, is available only for Nokia, Samsung, and Sony Ericsson smartphones running Symbian/S60, 3rd edition FP1 and FP2 & 5th edition.
The major change introduced in Opera Mobile 10 is definitely the new user interface which looks very much similar to the one we saw in recent upgrade of Opera Mini5. Also the Opera team now boasts of a 50% faster page downloads than its predecessor.
Features of New Opera Mobile 10
- Intuitive user interface merging the best from the desktop browser (and also from Opera Mini)
- 50% faster page loads (as claimed by them always)
- Speed Dial
- Tabbed Browsing
- Page compression up to 70% (Opera Turbo)
- Great support for touch screen phones.
- Password manager for storing usernames and paswords.
- Web address auto completion
Opera Mobile 10 is the most standards-compliant mobile browser available and gives the same feel of your desktop browser. Now with the support for ajax heavy websites like facebook and gmail, it’s definitely a leader in the mobile browser industry.
Devices Supported by Opera Mobile 10 are E51, E52, E55, E63, E66, E71, E75, N78, N79, N81, N82, N85, N86, N95 8GB, N96, N97, 5320, 5630, 5800, 6220c, 6720c, Samsung i7110, Samsung i550, Samsung Omnia HD, Samsung Innov8, Sony Ericsson Satio.